“The forecast just said it’s going to rain on Saturday! Damn it, I had planned a BBQ outdoor party for Saturday night. The whole plan is ruined!”
Doing barbeque or outdoor grilling is one fun activity which does not equal to indoor cooking that we regularly do on our stoves. But in case we are not able to grill outdoors, does that mean we have to compromise on our passion or desire for outdoor grilling?
Previously, Yes but in the present era; NO.
It is the 21st century and now we have been blessed with a great invention; Smokeless Grills. With the best smokeless grill, you can easily grill indoors and enjoy the same flavour and experience that you would get with grilling outdoor in your backyard.
Why Should You Go For a Smokeless Grill?
As far as outdoor grilling is concerned, you need a suitable area and the perfect weather to go along with it. If you live in an apartment, or you want to grill outdoors but the weather (rainy, snowy or windy weather) does not permit it; then having a smokeless grill can replace an outdoor grill and give you the grilling experience you need.
So instead of wallowing in despair over not being able to enjoy some BBQ chicken or grilled steak, you can simply invest some money in a smokeless grill.
The Best Smokeless Grills You Ought to Take a Look At
Would you like to take a look at the best smokeless grills that the current century has to offer? We have listed them down in detail so that you can go through what choices are there, and make the best kind of decision accordingly. So let’s move forward!
1. Philips Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill, Avance Collection
Heat up to a consistent 446 degrees Fahrenheit on the Philips Smokeless Indoor BBQ Grill almost quickly. The advanced infrared technology reflectors guide heat to the cooking grid of the indoor grill so that you can delicious and evenly grilled food.
You get optimal temperatures not just for cooking, but for searing any kind of meat while preserving its juiciness and tenderness. With the help of the non-stick ALU grid, you get authentic grill marks on your food.
Cleaning this grill is no problem because you can simply wipe down the grates or use them in the dishwasher. Assembling is no problem either and can be done within a minute. The drip at the bottom prevents the equipment from heating up too much and minimizes the amount of smoke that can escape through the griller.
- Heats up fast to give ideal cooking temperature
- Drip tray catches the juice which makes cleaning easy
- All kinds of food can be cooked with even heat
- Grates are dishwasher safe
- Temperature stays constant to give top-notch browning
- Infrared lights make it hard to see the food during cooking
- There is smoke leakage at times
2. GOTHAM STEEL Smokeless Electric Grill
Featuring a non-stick ceramic surface, the GOTHAM STEEL Smokeless Electric Grill will surely heat your food evenly and brown it to the perfection that you desire. You can choose from 4 heat settings on the detachable temperature/dial heater – warm, low, medium, and high heat so that you can cook at any heat level that you want. No need to fear burning your hands because the cool-touch handles and the heat-proof frame will safeguard you against the heat.
If cleaning a smokeless grill poses a hassle for you, then you can rest assured that you will face no trouble cleaning this grill as it is dishwasher safe and you can pull apart the grill easily for cleaning it. You can readily reduce the smoke produced from burning of grease with the ceramic-coated removable grease catcher.
- Non-stick ceramic surface ensures even heat distribution
- Temperature dial/heater with 4 cook settings
- Cool-touch handles and heat-proof frame for safety
- Ceramic-coated removable grease catcher
- Grill can be pulled apart for easy cleaning
- Affordable as compared to others
Griddle is not included in purchase
3. Power XL Smokeless Grill
Featuring a cooking area measuring 13.5” X 8”, the PowerXL Smokeless Grill can facilitate you by grilling 3-4 steaks at a time easily. The non-stick ceramic surface proves perfect for searing both chicken as well as steak. With a griddle and a grill plate both, you can grill steaks or cook pancakes for breakfast as you like. The temperature can reach up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit can easily be monitored with the LED Smart Temperature Control.
Thanks to the Turbo Smoke Extraction with the help of a Turbofan, you can ensure that no smoke escapes from the grill into your indoor kitchen, and instead remains contained inside the grill only for giving flavour to your food. The removable grill plate makes it easy to clean the grill plus the drip tray does a good job in catching excess fat and grease.
- Temperature reaches up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Includes both a griddle and grill plate
- Removable dip tray catches excess fat
- Ceramic non-stick cooking surface
- LED Smart Temperature Control
- Grilling area is not suitable for lots of cooking
- Turbofan poses problems afterwards
4. Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill
Watch and monitor your food as it transforms into deliciously cooked and majestic food on the Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill through the window. Featuring a cooking area of 118 square inches, you can cook a one-time meal for up to 6 people at a time on temperatures reaching up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. The grill lid closes to give your food signature grilling marks to add to its beauty, while the high searing heat locks in the juices and flavor of your food.
Easily cook any kind of food you want from chicken to pizza to even vegetables with a wide temperature range that you can adjust with the temperature dial. No need to fear extra mess, because the extra-large drip tray will collect all the excess grease. Cleaning the grill will pose no problem because the indoor grill hood and the drip are dishwasher safe and removable.
- Removable and dishwasher-safe drip tray and grill hood
- Window for monitoring food
- Cooking area of 118 square inches
- Temperature range up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Temperature dial for adjusting temperature
- Has to be preheated for 10 minutes before cooking
- Power cord is too short
5. Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill
Offering you a glossy finish design and portability with weight of only 10 pounds, the Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill not only attracts attention to due to its design but performs well due to its other features as well. With a cooking area of 115 square inches, you can serve a family of four with ease and cook at temperatures ranging between 176-410 degrees Fahrenheit. Not only do the ceramic grates preserve the juices of your food, but provide greater insulation as well.
The cool-touch handles ensure that you do not accidently burn yourself, while the dishwasher safe dip tray makes the cleaning process much easier. You can cook chicken or vegetables on the non-stick grilling surface and get your food free from the excess grease and fat that slowly goes into the drip tray.
- Ceramic grates for excellent cooking
- Dishwasher safe
- Removable dip tray collects excess grease
- Temperature range of 176-410 degrees Fahrenheit
- Beautiful and attractive design with glossy finish
- Absence of lid causes problem in preserving heat
- Rather small
6. George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
If you want more cooking space at an affordable price, then the George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill GGR50B will prove perfect for you. Take the grill outside or inside your apartment and serve up to 15 people as you can cook on a circular cooking area of 240 square inches. The removable stand makes the grill easy to be used outdoors. The electric system means that you will not need charcoal or propane or bear through flare-ups for indoor grilling.
The non-stick coating not only cooks great food, but also removes excess grease which collects in the drip tray during the cooking process and can be cleaned easily. You can cook both sides of your meat or fish thanks to the adjustable hinges and monitor your food with the help of the indicator lights.
- 240 square inches of circular cooking space
- Removable drip tray collects grease & can be cleaned easily
- Removable stand for installing the grill outdoors
- Affordable and cost-effective
- Non-stick cooking surface removes excess grease
- Indicator lights for monitoring temperature
- Adjustable hinges for cooking evenly
- Serving size may vary according to food
- No power switch
7. Chefman Electric Smokeless Indoor w/Non-Stick Cooking Surface
Cook almost anything on the Chefman Indoor Grill by adjusting the control knob from warm to sear and grill veggies or chicken as you want. Achieve smoke-free indoor grilling by simply filling the water tray of the grill to prevent the grease collecting into the drip tray from smoking. With the non-stick surface, you can cook easily and even wash the surface without much of hassle. Cleaning is not a problem with this grill because you can disassemble the grill and clean the non-stick water tray and grill top through the dishwasher as well.
A highly affordable grill that comes with a 1 year warranty so you can use it without any tensions. The cool touch-handles and Auto-Shutoff prevent the grill from overheating or causing you any kind of burns.
- Three heat zones that can be adjusted with control knob
- Removable and dishwasher-safe grilling surface & drip tray
- Large grilling surface suitable for diverse cooking
- Cool-touch handles and Auto-Shutoff
- 1 year warranty
- Affordable price
- Dip tray is difficult to clean as it not non-stick
- Temperatures may not be suitable for searing
8. Tayama TG-868 Electric Grill
Measuring a whopping 15 by 10 inches, the Tayama TG-868 Electric Grill features a surface with ribbed design that ensures that your food receives even heat distribution no matter how much you are cooking on its large surface. It weighs just about 6 pounds so that you can easily take it anywhere you want. The special channel design at the bottom side of the grill is made of die-hard aluminium so that your product remains extended. You can grill various food items by adjusting the temperature through the temperature control.
The cool-touch safety handles protect you from burning your hands, while the grill can be disassembled for being cleaned easily even in the dishwasher.
- Large grilling surface area with ribbed design surface
- Temperature control for adjusting temperatures
- Can be disassembled for cleaning
- High-powered motor offers 1120 watts
- Weighs only 6 pounds
- Cool-touch safety handles
- 1 year warranty
- Only dip tray is dishwasher safe
- Non-stick coating may peel overtime
- There is no lid on the machine
9. Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill
With an input power of 1500 watts, the Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill can give you the cooking results that you desire. The tempered glass lid keeps your food warm and also allows you watch your food while it is cooking. Adjust the temperature with the help of the thermostat and cook a variety of foods for the whole family on the large cooking surface that features a grill plate with heating element for even heat distribution. Your food will be cooked free of excess grease that will be collected in the drip pan or tray. The non-stick coating ensures that your food does not stick on the surface, and you get every inch of the food you have cooked.
- Large cooking surface facilitates many people
- Grill plate features heating elements
- Glass lid keeps food warm and allows monitoring
- Thermostat for adjusting temperature
- Non-stick coating makes cleaning easy
- Comparatively inexpensive
- Non-stick coating is not suitable for washing
- Takes too much space
10. Magic-Mill Electric Smokeless Grill and Griddle Pan for Indoor BBQ
Make your Sunday breakfast or grill steaks on the Magic-Mill Electric Smokeless Grill and Griddle Pan which features a 2in1 healthy aluminium non-stick grill and griddle so you get the best of both worlds. You can easily control temperatures from 180 degrees Fahrenheit to even 480 degrees Fahrenheit which means that you can sizzle grill or sear your food as you want. The cooking timer can be set to cook so you can get away from the cooking for a while.
The built-in fan ensures that no smoke is collected and that you are able to grill indoors easily. The non-stick plates collect and drain the excess grease into the removable drip tray so that you can get healthy food. Cleaning poses no hassle either because you can disassemble all the parts or wash them in the dishwasher as well.
- 2in1 aluminium non-stick grill and griddle
- Large grilling surface
- Built-in fan ensures prevents smoke from collecting
- Digital temperature control
- Temperature range of 180-480 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cooking timer
- Can be disassembled for cleaning
- Dishwasher safe
- Absence of lid
11. T-fal GC722D53 1800W OptiGrill XL Stainless Steel Large Indoor Electric Grill
Cook on 9 auto-cooking options on the T-fal GC722D53 OptiGrill XL Stainless Steel Large Indoor Electric Grill which features a doneness sensor to adjust the cooking time according to the thickness of the meat. The snowflake button allows you to cook frozen foods to perfection so that your food is not left raw or uncooked.
You can choose from the 4 temperature setting for cooking vegetables or steaks as you desire. The indicator lights let you know when your food is rare or well-done etc. With a power of 1800 watts, you can cook your food on this electric grill with utmost efficiency. With 104 square inches of cooking space, you can cook up to three medium-sized steaks at a time. The drippings tray collects excess grease so you get healthy food.
The non-stick plates are made of die cast aluminium so that your food is released from the plate without extra efforts. The plates are also dishwasher safe and can be cleaned easily. The ergonomic control panel on handle allows you to work with the grill with ease.
- 1800 watts of power
- 9 auto-cooking options
- Snowflake button for frozen items
- Indicator lights let you know status of food
- Manual mode with 4 temperature settings
- Ergonomic control panel on handles
- 104 square inches cooking space is too small
- Only 1 year warranty
- Needs to be recalibrated
How to Decide What Smokeless Grill to Buy?
So we went through the best smokeless grills that are available in the market. But before you go on to make a purchase, there are few factors that you should consider so you make the best decision for yourself. The factors to be considered while purchasing include the following:
1. The Type of Indoor Grill
There are generally three types of indoor grills: Open table top, stovetop and closed table top grill. These differ in terms of presence of a lid and how the temperature is generated.
2. The Presence of an On/Off Switch
Some models come with a direct-to-wall plug, while some feature an On/Off switch through which you can shut it off whenever you want without having to unplug it.
3. If Grilling Plates Can Be Removed
Removable grilling plates prove easier in terms of cleaning. Since smokeless indoor grills have to be cleaned regularly, it is better to opt for one with removable plates so that cleaning poses no issue for you.
4. Support of Temperature Control
Being able to control the temperature will allow you to cook a variety of foods from vegetables to chicken to whatever you want. If you want to grill steaks only, you can even go for a grill which only offers maximum temperature.
5. The Cooking Space Available
Depending on if you want to cook for a large family or just yourself, you will have to see how much the grill can facilitate when it comes to cooking.
6. If Cleaning and Maintenance is Easy
Some grills can be disassembled for cleaning and their parts are also dishwasher safe often at times. If you find cleaning to be much of an issue, then you can go for such a grill.
7. The Design of the Grill
If you are someone who has an eye for aesthetic design, then you should check out if the design of the grill intrigues you or not as well.
8. Your Budget
Of course, you need to see if the grill you are buying can be bought in your budget or not. You could get a smokeless grill under $100 or above $100 but it depends on whether or not your budget allows you to go for an expensive grill.
How Should You Clean a Smokeless Grill?
One downside of having indoor smokeless grills is that you have to clean them almost regularly. Since indoor grills are usually electric grills, you have to be careful while you clean them so as not to cause any damage.
Cleaning an indoor smokeless grill consists of the following listed steps:
- Unplug your grill to stop the power flow.
- Let your grill cool down.
- Heat up some water and take a washing-up liquid. Mix them to create a solution for cleaning.
- Use a sponge and have it soak up the solution. Using the sponge, clean the inside walls.
- Scrape off any kind of residues using a glass ceramic scraper. Make sure to use the scraper blade only for the steel parts of the base and the protection glass. Do not, in any case, use the scraper for the grid, the drip tray or the outside of the base. Doing so will eventually scratch or damage the non-stick surface.
- Wipe off loosen resides using a simple dried cloth.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
You must be having some questions about Smokeless Grills in general. We have answered some for you here!
What temperature do you cook steak on a smokeless grill?
– You can start by switching the grill on at 300 degrees Fahrenheit so that the grilling plate gets warm enough for you to place the raw steak. Afterwards you can reduce the temperature to 150 degrees Fahrenheit if you want it medium rare or tender and cook up to 14 minutes for achieving perfection.
How much does a smokeless grill cost?
– Smokeless grills generally cost much lesser than outdoor grills because they rely on electric power for grilling and are also smaller in size. You can find a variety of smokeless grills starting from $40 going up to $150 even depending on the specifications and the accessories included with it.
What is the best indoor grill for steaks?
– The best indoor grill can vary according to the requirements and factors taken into consideration. The best indoor grill considering all factors has been voted to be the George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill GGR50B as it is quite affordable and has a large cooking surface as well. It can be used both indoors and outdoors and offers 5 different temperature settings.
So, Ready to Start Grilling Indoors?
Grilling indoors can be just as fun as grilling outdoors if you know which grill to choose as per your needs. We have pretty much listed down all the essentials that concern smokeless grills such as how you should clean them, what factors you should consider while buying one and the best smokeless grills that are available in the market.
So do not waste any more time and deprive yourself of the perfect grilling experience. Head to the nearest store or Amazon and buy your smokeless grill right away!